Members Code of Conduct
Tornado Alley Disc Dogs (TADD) is a Non-For Profit organization insured under OKPaws K9 Sports Club. TADD Club members are encouraged to join OKPAWS as well as become a member of Tornado Alley Disc Dogs. TADD holds Demonstrations for various groups- In order to participate in a Demo and be covered by insurance you must be a member of TADD as well as OK Paws. Click on the Blue OKPAWS logo for the link to thier website.
Code of Conduct and Membership
Tornado Alley Disc Dogs (TADD) is located in the Central Oklahoma Area. We are a Non-for-Profit club of dog enthusiasts who, love to play frisbee (disc) and have fun with our dogs in competitions and training, enhancing the sport of the Disc Dog community and nationwide, as well as encouraging dog wellness education, youth involvement, Team fitness, dog training, mentorship and animal rescue. We encourage our members to be responsible, engaged citizens working toward creating important impacts that address issues facing our community both today and into the future. Through TADD we hold demonstrations for organizations/clubs/individuals for entertainment, education, and raising funds for rescue organizations.
TADD is comprised of a group of members under the direction of Club Officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary). Club decisions are made by the Club Officers in alignment with the goals of the club. Contact any Club Officer with suggestions, questions or concerns.
Memberships dues are per calendar year at $20 per adult family member
If an immediate adult family member is current on Registration any youth (under 18 yrs old) Membership dues are free.
Renewals due November 1st.
As a Member of TADD you will have the opportunity to:
Receive Frisbee tips from other members
Discounts on most TADD Events
Will be added to the email list
Be part of a group of amazing people
Additional current Membership with OK Paws K9 Sports Club will be required to participate in Demonstrations!
Guidelines for TADD members to ensure everyone has a great Time.
No abusive behavior, verbal or physical towards your dog, another dog or any human will not be acceptable. Anyone exhibiting this behavior will be asked to leave.
You MUST keep your dog on a leash or in a crate when you are not performing or throwing to your dog at all TADD events. If your dog is crate aggressive, please cover the crate and control the actions of your dog at all
Please always pick up after your dog. We try very hard to maintain good relations with the communities that allow us to host our events in their areas, and this is the main way we show our gratitude. Always leave the event site cleaner than you found it!
Remember, all of the people running the competitions or practices are volunteers who do this out of love for the dogs and the sport, so try to be patient and appreciative of their efforts and help out if you can.
Encourage others as they are playing/performing with their dog. Always show good sportsmanship and respect. Remember this is a family sport.
Do not bring a female dog in any stage of heat to an event. Consider the safety of your dog, as well as the other members and their dogs at all times.
TADD is on Facebook. This, along with personal email, is the main channel we use to communicate with our members. We strive to make it a harmonious environment where our friends and members can keep up with
TADD activities. When commenting, always be respectful and please remember to keep it family friendly.
TADD gets many opportunities to participate in various events. Performances require many aspects to be considered and negotiated. Therefore, we will establish one contact person per event. That person will be a Club Officer and will handle communication with the event sponsor.
Remember - When at any TADD event, you are representing yourself, TADD and our sponsors, to the community, so make a good impression! We all strive to make the club a positive, fun and rewarding experience for you and your dog/s. If we feel anyone’s behavior is counterproductive to this goal, they may be asked to leave the club.
All members and participants in any Activity is required to sign a Waiver:
TORNADO ALLEY DISC DOGS (“TADD”)
LIABILITY WAIVER AND AGREEMENT
1. ACTIVITIES COVERED. THIS AGREEMENT APPLIES TO ANY ACTIVITY HOSTED OR SUPPORTED BY TADD, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLUB MEETINGS AND PRACTICES, TRAINING SESSIONS, COMPETITIONS, WORKSHOPS, DEMOS AND CLUB SOCIAL ACTIVITIES (AN “ACTIVITY”).
2. UNDERSTANDING OF RISK. I UNDERSTAND THAT PARTICIPATION IN AN ACTIVITY IS NOT WITHOUT INHERENT RISKS DUE TO THE PHYSICAL NATURE OF DOG TRAINING AND SPORTS AND BECAUSE ANY DOG HAS THE ABILITY TO CAUSE INJURY. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT BRINGING DOGS TOGETHER CAN LEAD TO TRANSMISSION OF CERTAIN DISEASES AMONG DOGS, AND I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROTECTING AND/OR TREATING MY DOG FOR ANY DISEASE(S) TO WHICH MY DOG MAY BE EXPOSED WHILE PARTICIPATING IN AN ACTIVITY. I ACKNOWLEDGE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DOG I BRING TO AN ACTIVITY.
3. NO TADD, SPONSOR, INSTRUCTOR, PREMISES OWNER LIABILITY. I AGREE THAT I BEAR ALL RISK IN PARTICIPATING IN AN ACTIVITY AND BEING AT THE ACTIVITY LOCATION. I FURTHER AGREE THAT TADD, THE ACTIVITY SPONSOR(S), INSTRUCTOR(S), THE OWNER(S) OF THE PREMISES UPON WHICH THE ACTIVITY OCCURS, AND ANY REPRESENTATIVES OR AGENTS OF SUCH PARTIES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR INJURY TO MYSELF, MY CHILDREN, ANY DOG IN MY CUSTODY OR MY PROPERTY REGARDLESS OF HOW CAUSED, EVEN IF NEGLIGENTLY CAUSED, OR BY WHOM.
4. VIDEO / PHOTOGRAPHY. I AUTHORIZE TADD AND THE SPONSOR(S) TO TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS OF MYSELF AND MY DOG(S) DURING AN ACTIVITY, AND I AGREE THAT THESE PICTURES AND VIDEOS MAY BE USED FOR PROMOTIONAL OR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES WITHOUT COMPENSATION TO ME.
5. CERTIFICATIONS. I CERTIFY THAT I AND ANY DOG I BRING TO AN ACTIVITY ARE IN GOOD HEALTH AND CAPABLE OF PARTICIPATING SAFELY IN THE ACTIVITY. I ALSO CERTIFY THAT ANY DOG I BRING TO AN ACTIVITY IS CURRENT ON ANY LEGALLY REQUIRED VACCINATIONS.
Come out and enjoy time with friends and your dogs and Beware of Flying Discs and Dogs!!!!!